If someone on your plan makes a claim, your no-claims discount in your next year will be lower. It moves down two levels on the scale below for each person who claims, however many claims they make.
For every claim-free year you have, you’ll move up one level on the scale.
- The no-claims discount you start with depends on your circumstances
- If you don’t already have private health insurance, you start on a no-claims discount of 65%.
If you already have private health insurance with another provider and want to switch to us, we need to work out how much no-claims discount you can start on. To do this we look at how many relevant claims you’ve made, and how long you’ve been insured. You may still get a no-claims discount of 65%.
Vitality linked no-claims discount
- By engaging with Vitality you could qualify for an enhanced no-claims discount of up to 80%. There would be three additional no-claims discount levels of 70%, 75% and 80%. Your maximum no-claims discount level will depend on your Vitality status, and whether or not you make a claim.
- By engaging with Vitality you could also protect your no-claims discount. The level of protection will depend on your Vitality status, and whether or not you make a claim.
Some claims don’t affect your no-claims discount:
- The no-claims discount doesn’t apply to Worldwide Travel Cover and Dental Cover. So it doesn’t affect your discount if you claim on either of these.
- Claims for the NHS Hospital Cash Benefit, Assistance at Home and the Childbirth Cash Benefit don’t affect your no-claims discount either. For more information, please refer to our terms and conditions document.